Tuesday, June 26, 2012

There's good and bad news about the new Child's Play sequel...

childs_play

http://moviehole.net/201255037exclusive-curse-of-chucky-begins-filming-this-september

I'm a "bad news first" kinda guy, so I'm bringing on the bad news first: "Curse of Chucky", the latest film in the franchise, will go direct to DVD.

The good news (and thank the maker there's good news, because I needed some) is that original creator Don Mancini and star Brad Dourif are onboard for this brand new sequel, that is going to eschew the self-aware, jokey tone of "Bride of chucky" and "Seed of Chucky". That last part is actually great news. It'll be nice to get back to a straight scare-based Chucky. Maybe it's because I was really young when the first two films came out, but I love those movies as horror movies and not horror comedies. I can actually remember going to see Child's Play part one in the theater, only 9 years old, and not knowing what to expect. All I and my guardian at the time knew was that it was a scary movie. Look at that poster up there; does that thing scream killer doll? Any way, the first and second films still work for me and I'm looking forward to the latest adventures of the killer formerly known as Charles Lee Ray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home