Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I guess I'm supposed to have an opinion on a new Twilight trailer...

This may not come as a surprise, but I've never seen a Twilight movie. Not a one.

I have, however, read one of the books; the first book to be precise. So my indifference towards the film series is informed by my reading of that book. Gender and sex politics aside, "Twilight" the novel's biggest hurdle to overcome wasn't so much that it was poorly written, but that there is no weight to the material at all. You never feel real conflict, nor do you feel like their character's actions carry any weight. And since the films were going to be a rote retread of the source material (a rather nauseating trend in most adaptations of late) I never bothered to catch a single film. Based on this trailer I feel like my original stance on the books (and the films as well) is right on the nose. The drama on display feels vapid, weightless and without real consequence. Kinda like Kristen Stewart. (I kid. Kristen I liked you in "Zathura" and "Adventureland". But, for heaven's sake, have a sandwich.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home