Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Music in Review: 2010

Well, I turned in my top 10 records of the year list to my boss. As far as music goes, 2010 is pretty much over for me. My film list will be coming next week, since there are still some things I need to see. But this is pretty much it for music. The list is below, almost verbatim; some minor adjustments were made, mostly having to do with the store in particular. I've also included some other stuff, as well as caveats and addendums to the list.

Best Albums of 2010 (in no particular order)

Artist - Title

1. Superchunk - Majesty Shredding
2. Goldfrapp - Head First
3. Merle Haggard - I Am What I Am
4. Soviet League - Soviet League
5. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
6. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
7. Jaill - That's How We Burn
8. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
9. Sharon Jones &... - I Learned the Hard Way
10. Early Graves - Goner /// Intronaut - Valley of Smoke (Best Metal Albums of the Year!)

Miscellaneous:
Best live release: Clutch - Live @ the 9:30
Best Best-Of: Boom Boom Satellites: Over and Over

Best Re-Issue (Tie)
The Afro Sound of Colombia Volume 1
Andrew WK - Close Calls With Brick Walls w/ Mother of Mankind

Best Live Show
Shakira @ The Honda Center - She even did an encore in the parking lot!

Guilty Peasure
Album: The Drums - S/T
Single: Paramore - The Only Exception

Best Artwork/Packaging
Mike Patton - Mondo Cane

Best Album for a Road Trip
The Bird and The Bee - A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates

Best Album for Date Night
Aziz Ansari - Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening

Best Soundtrack
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

This is where the list for work ends...

Albums I want to stop hearing about:
The Black Keys - Brothers
Neil Young - Le Noise
Best Coast - Crazy For You

Disappointments in 2010:
Against Me! - White Crosses
Bettye Lavette - Interpreatations
Eels - Tomorrow Mourning

10 more records that were this close to being on my Top 10:
1. Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Part II
2. Elvis Costello - National Ransom
3. Aloe Blacc - Good Things
4. Brian Wilson - Reimagines Gershwin
5. The Black Angels - Phosphene Dream
6. My Chemical Romance - Danger Days
7. Neil Diamond - Dreams
8. Eels - End Times
9. Deftones - Diamond Eyes
10. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home