Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Diane Lane "Streets of Fire" - The First Time...: November 17, 2010



I saw Streets of Fire when I was around 7 years old. By that time, I had already seen countless other films, but few had exhilarated me like the opening 10 minutes of this film. And while much of that is due to the badass action, the music of Jim Steinman AND Ry Cooder, and the way Lee Ving screams his bloody head off, one thing really got my heart pumping and that was the appearance of Ellen Aim, aka Diane Lane. She was, for all intents and purposes, my first cinematic crush. Even to this day, I don't go ga-ga over many actresses, but Diane Lane, particularly as Ellen Aim, always holds a place in my heart. That place may have been solidified by her appearances in numerous other films, but Ellen Aim was the one that I keep coming back to. Like Tom Cody, I would kick much ass for Ellen. Except I would do it in defense of this film.

***The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face will be a weekly series where I discuss my cinematic crushes, via the roles that introduced me to them. Just to be equal opportunity about it I will discuss my man-crushes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home